Is there a necessity for air duct cleaning and engaging professional residential air duct cleaning services?
Clean air ducts that deliver fresh air in our homes is important for the health and safety for you and your family. Indoor air pollution from dirty heating and cooling ducts pose a major health hazard as contaminated and congested ducts result in poor air quality.
Without regular cleaning, ducts may become infested with vermin such as rodents and insects. They also circulate odours and release dirty particles that greatly affect the health and comfort of your entire family. One major health hazard is mould growth that may occur inside the hard surface duct or in other components of the system.
Scientific studies have found that the air inside your home can be 10 to 100 times more polluted than the air outside. Hence, it is recommended that air ducts be cleaned every 2 to 3 years.
Dirty ducts are not just unhealthy, they are also inefficient and uneconomical and pose dangerous fire hazards.
Is it time you cleaned your air ducts? Yes, it is…
If you suffer from allergies or unexplained symptoms or illness.
- If you find your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mould.
- If you sneeze when your ducted heating/cooling is on.
- If you find that you’re always dusting furniture.
- If your heating bill is going through the roof.
- If your home isn’t heating up like it used to.
Benefits of Clean Air Ducts:
- For cleaner air and easier breathing
- To remove dust, carbon particles, pollens, etc which can cause asthma
- To remove dead, living and breeding insects and their faeces from ducts
- To stop allergies and diseases caused by moulds and bacteria
- To eliminate odours from cooking and cigarette smoke
- To remove small animals such as mice, rats, birds and their nests
- To improve the efficiency of air-conditioning and heating systems and reduce fuel costs
- To prevent fires caused by dirt or blocked ducts and debris